Lindsey's Engaged!

Friday, August 14, 2009


My little sister is recently engaged to her boyfriend from Baylor, Taylor. Yay! Both have now graduated and are planning a wedding for February--soo exciting! For the very first time I'm a "Matron" of Honor...not "Maid." Well I've never been a Maid of Honor either, so it's the first time eithe way. Kind of sounds old (the Matron part), but I'm super excited to fulfill this role.

We went to Nac a couple of weekends ago to stay at my Dad's house. Lindsey and Taylor were amazingly cooperative when I asked them ahead of time if I could do a practice engagement photography session for them. I had a blast doing it, got really sweaty in the Nac humidity and learned that I still have a long way to go with photography. We had so much fun in Nac!

Oh, I watermarked these pics with my idea for a watermark on my blog. What do you think? I think I like it. :) AND lastly, ALL these pics were just taken at my Dad's house. I seriously think it's a photographer's dream due to all the backgrounds. They live in the pineywoods and have random things like an old school house on their property. The older I get the more I realize that it's really, really cool.






13 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Three things: These pics are gorgeous! You are a pro and your dad's property is amazing!

The Christiansons said...

love it! i need to start bringing my clients to your dads for my photo shoots!!! :) beautiful pics jaime & i love your watermark!

The James Family said...

Those are great pictures!! I love the watermark too!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING pics, first of all your sister is BEAUTIFUL and what a cutie that she is marrying! You are such a talented photographer Jaime....very impressed and on a side note I am laughing out loud that my six month old OUTWEIGHS yes outweighs sweet Caroline....that makes me laugh out loud. Ryleigh weighed 16 lbs 5 ounces last week....nice. ALl of that to say LOVE the pics and so glad I can read your blog now! :-)

Shae said...

These look great Jaime! And Linds & her fiance are an adorable couple!

Jana said...

okay, so i am WAY impressed. you have a knack for this! must be because you are from "nac". great pics and congrats to your sis!

kinsey said...

great pictures! and i like the watermark too :-)

The Munsterman Family said...

Those are awesome girl! You're talented!

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

What incredible pictures, Jaime!!! CONGRATS to your sweet sister! I am the "Matron" of Honor in Neely's wedding this next year as well... we are old... *sigh* =)

Jennifer said...

what great pictures. so impressed. maybe i should take some lessons..still havent learned how to really "use" my nikon d80...i usually use the auto but need to learn how to get the most out of it. so hard finding the time, though. i really wont have time once this third one comes along, but at least my new little subject wont be able to run away:) sorry to ramble, but LOVE the pics!

Robert, Terri, John Dennis and Anna Pease said...

Congrats!! So exciting! And, the pics are gorgeous!

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

Jaime, these are BEAUTIFUL!! Well done!!

betsy green said...

Jaime,
These photos are incredible! What lens(es) did you use and i LOVE the watermark.