Sew? For Her? YES, Please!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh dear, dear, dear. I have a predicament...I want to learn how to sew clothes for Caroline. I guess that's not much of a predicament, but it boils down to skill and time, neither of which I possess at the moment. I remember in 7th grade Home Ec. I couldn't even sew a button on correctly. I'm hoping things change soon b/c I'm going to make time and venture into this learned skill of sewing. It is learned, right?! If I fail, well then, at least I tried. (I'm going to tell myself that in fear that failing is the outcome). If I become a Betty at sewing then maybe I'll venture into the realm of curtains, etc., but I'm getting so far ahead of myself...BACKUP.
I plan on chronicling some of my sewing adventures on here so stay tuned...for you might see one post of success or many posts of how I've given up. In the meantime, who wouldn't want to sew for this face?
Look at that little mouth that looks just like her daddy's mouth
Here I am
You can be a sewing Betty, Mom!







12 comments:

naomi said...

I predict you'll do great and I'd like the friends and family discount, please :)

Amy said...

she is absolutely precious jaime!

Abby said...

1. She is seriously cute!
2. Your photos are awesome!
3. If your sewing turns out 1/2 as great as your photos, Caroline will have a fabulous wardrobe! Can't wait to see what you sew!

Katie said...

OMG! I love her!

The Munsterman Family said...

I've always wanted to learn to sew too! Can't wait to hear how it goes and if you figure it out, I might have to venture into it too! My mom sewed quite a bit for us-dresses, halloween costumes, pillows, curtains, and I can't sew a button on!

Nicki W. said...

i bought a sewing machine a couple of years ago and it is in the attic...unopened. i want to learn too!!!!! my mom and grandmother sew everything, why did they not teach me?!?! i look forward to seeing your journey--maybe you will inspire me!

Shae said...

Oh- I bet you will be wonderful at it! My mom & sis sew and they make Aubrey the cutest stuff! My sis took some class which helped. I can't wait to see your stuff!

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh she is gorgeous! Both your kids are so adorable!! So glad I found your blog!!

Jaime said...

Thanks, guys! Dress sewn...not easily though. ;-)

Tori Hayes said...

Definitely take some classes. I have learned to sew these last couple of years and it's so fun. I make so many things for Ella and I even got a monogram machine that is how into it all I have gotten. I have a lot of time with Jon working crazy insane hrs. But I am sure there is a fabric store for children and they probably offer classes for specific outfits. I think this is the best way to go...you'll get hooked. Any questions let me know:)

Parks Family said...

I have been wanting to learn to sew also. There are so many neat things you can make:) I also LOVE your pics of Caroline. When I come visit you will have to take some pics for me of Paige:)

Leticia said...

oye- those eyes!!