Oh to be in Reid's shoes for a day would be fascinating, especially now that he has a new friend. It took me a couple of days to get what he was saying when he kept saying "Wawa." I would immediately bust out in a song from his first year of preschool.
I am wa wa wa wa wonderfully made
wa wa wa wa wonderfully made
In His image, by His hands
I am wa wa wa wa - wa wa wa wa wonderfully made
...
I kept being immediately corrected in an annoyed voice. "No, Mommy!" I didn't understand b/c Reid LOVES that song. Well I got it one morning this week when Reid got out of bed. He looked at me and said, "Wawa's going to work." Ohhhhhh. Right. Wawa's going to work. {Just play along, Jaime}. Here's how our convo went:
"Wawa drives a car NOT a truck." ~Reid
"Is Wawa a boy or a girl?" ~ Mommy
"He's a him."
"Where does Wawa work?"
Silence. I'm not quite sure he gets "where" questions yet...But I digress
Alrightly then. I then heard a bit more about Wawa downstairs when Reid started looking out the window, being quite animated. Wawa apparently was in the room...nope, gone. Then Reid told me he was going to fly to the fan. Uh huh. Anywho, what an exciting day to meet Reid's new imaginary playmate, Wawa.
I've since learned that at school during naptime when all was quiet Reid began singing. When his teacher looked at him he told her it was Wawa. I've also been corrected by Reid that it's "W'UH, W'UH" not "Wawa." Did you get that?! Lastly, today at school apparently Wawa woke Reid up during nap and Reid asked him to leave him alone. Yeah...
So, I love my little man and think the imaginary friend is hilarious. He doesn't mention him that much so far but when he does it tends to be funny. We're thinking that he DID indeed get the name from that song even if he doesn't realize it. I mean "Wawa?!" Seriously?
Do any of you out there have kids with an imaginary friend or did you have one as a child?




7 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS...I am laughing so hard! In fact, I thought it was so funny I read it aloud to Mike (it read quite nicely out loud by the way- great writing!). Mike then died laughing. Oh, thanks for making my night- I needed a good laugh!
Um, I think I already shared about my friend Cindy with you and all of your facebook friends. :)
I heart Wawa. :)
i LOVE him!!! and i LOVE the picture! betsy grace has many imaginary friends. most of their names i can't even pronounce. like "soupy", and "nom"... the main one is "marlin" it's a girl baby that lives in her tummy! the "doctor" takes her out from time to time, but she mainly lives in her tummy. (NO CLUE where this all came from) my sister had one named teddy... when my mom would pick her up from school, the teacher would tell her she didn't eat her lunch, mom would ask why, rachel would say, teddy told her not to! seriously! wild!
My sweet husband had 3 growing up! And he still has an incredible imagination!
So precious...isn't this such a fun age? JD's imagination is really starting to show and it is just a blast to see what he comes up with!
oh so funny!!!....i had one when i was little. her name was grapy, and she had purple hair!! we had good times together forsure!!...im sure you will be hearing "wawa did it" more and more.
britt
That is so cute! I had a friend named Wooshie. So, apparently Reid and I pick interesting names for our imaginary friends :)
I will send you an email about the blog formatting.
I had an imaginary friend....she lived in the door stop behind the door....Brooke had one, too. I'll can't remember much about it though...imagine that:)
Post a Comment