My little man has such the face of innocence, but behind that face is quite the cell phone connoisseur. This week I volunteered for VBS at our church. Reid's teacher this week was his preschool teacher last summer and she is in the nursery with him many Wednesday and Sunday nights. All that to say, we really know her and like her a lot.
When I picked up the little man on Friday she told me that she had a funny story, and it was a great ending to the VBS week. Reid had somehow gotten ahold of her cell phone (if you hide it, he will find it and purses are NOT off limits in his mind). He began having a lengthy "pretend" conversation on the phone. She thought it was cute and besides, the phone was locked. The thing is, I have never found a cell phone that Reid can't figure out how to unlock within about 3 minutes. The boy LOVES phones. Anywho, he told the phone "bye" and hung up. Aww, how cute, right?! Pretend play!
Skip to about 10 seconds later...Cell phone rings...his teacher answers it and it's the police department. They wanted to know what the emergency was b/c someone had called 9-1-1 and the operator had spent time talking to a little boy (who I'm sure had nothing to say other than "yes, oh, Mrs. Jennifer, bye, garage door, etc."). She told the police there was no emergency. This marks the second time Reid has called the emergency line. He did it once a long time ago in Target when I gave him my phone to entertain him. I decided from that point on that the phone was not a form of entertainment! I'll chalk it up to another great memory from my favorite little man.
9-1-1, What's Your Emergency
Sunday, June 28, 2009
With love, Jaime at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
SHUT UP. Okay, seriously, I am dying laughing right now! That would be funny for any child but it is so PERFECTLY Reid that I just can't stand it. It's been a crummy week so this makes it all better. Thanks for sharing! I really can him here now at the football games, "phone? phone? garage door"...love it. Will I see you July 4th or are y'all doing something else?
That is hysterical!!!
Post a Comment