We all love our children to be happy and usually that means they need a nap or two. I'm not a huge schedule person, but I --like most moms-- do cherish naptime. If I'm lucky, I can sneak in a few minutes of zzz's myself. When naptime doesn't occur because we're not home, ehh, no biggie. Doesn't bother me in the least. However, when we are home and I'm all set for my kids to take naps, I'm mentally thinking about the things I can get done OR the sleep I can get, selfishly. Bottom line, you don't mess with naptime when we're home!
So when naptime doesn't go according to plan I get a little looney...a big ball of rage builds up inside my chest. "Don't they know my children are sleeping?!" I'm screaming that in my head in case you couldn't tell! This is a thought that rages often during my children's naptime when the wonderful world of construction decide to, for instance, tear up the sidewalk across the street during naptime. First it was a saw. I thought a weedeater was literally in my backyard until I looked out the window to see a wet saw being used on the sidewalk. Then it was a banging sound that literally shook my entire house. We are currently listening to a drill that is apparently grinding the sidewalk cement so it will be loose. AWESOME! Yes, this is happening right now, so I'm blogging about it! My neighbor just emailed me to say, "The noise is driving me crazy." At least I'm not alone.
So whether it's the garbage man's truck with brakes that need oiled b/c it sounds like a train is stopping in front of every house on my street, or the construction crew tearing up a sidewalk OR my neighbor deciding to mow and trim during naptime, they are messing with the wrong mom! ;) I'm getting angry. Really, really angry in my head and one of these days I might just come outside and yell, "Don't you know my children are sleeping! It's naptime!" How looney would that be? I'll never do it, but a girl can dream.
Diary of a LOONEY mommy moment
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
With love, Jaime at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Seriously that is when all of the action happens around here too, neighbors decide to mow. I seriously switched lawn guys b/c he mows both of my neighbors yards right in the middle of naptime....when we spoke to him I did ask him to mow during the morning, is that horrible or what????
Or when the sales guy RINGS the doorbell!! Ahhh! If they only knew...
The past two days I've been on the couch with the flu. As I finally doze off - chainsaws. Apparently my neighbors listen when they say it's tree trimming season. I'm right there with you! ;)
p.s. I'm usually annoyed by blog music, but yours is nice. In fact, I think I'm going to minimize your blog window and study to it :)
When I was on maternity leave I wrote a note and put it over the doorbell that said, "Please DO NOT ring door bell." So I totally relate. Aubrey can sleep through my dogs barking like crazy- but ring that door bell and it is over. Now the ladies at daycare say she can sleep through anything - they were laughing about how it can be crazy and loud and she is just snoozing away...go figure...way to wait until daycare to be a deep sleeper Aubrey!
That was Shae in the comment above- looks like my mom is still signed in on my lap top- oops!
Yes, I relate. Especially pregnant I depend on nap time. And the worst was when I worked night shift and the neighbors left their windows up b/c it was a beautiful day while they were at work. Our houses are very close together and it sound like their dog was in my room barking over and over.
haha! i get that way too. the other day the cable guy came JUST as i got both kids and my sick self down for a nap and DING DONG! and of course he had to go upstairs and mess with stuff. i asked him to use his quiet voice and he kept talking normally! i could have punched him out right then.
If my child napped I feel sure I would agree with you! :)
I'm glad I'm not alone and I'm sorry you have the flu, Abby!!! Get well soon and enjoy my tunes on here. ;)
The funny part is that I've actually felt like a bad cat mommy because of her dental issues. First gingivitis, now a cracked tooth - like all my dental knowledge and abilities could do anything to prevent that! I guess it'll prepare me for when my kids get cavities. Maybe a little bit.
Post a Comment