What a Fabulous year

Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 was simply great!

Wonderful 2008 memories that I don't want to forget:
- Finding out we were preggo
- Reid finally walking (he made us all have patience with his walking debut at 17 months!)
- Reid's adorable fascination with certain things and certain phrases (garage door down, garage door up, step up, step down, mommy's new phone, take some medicine, Reid go toot toot, etc.)
- My 6 year anniversary to the best husband ever and our trip to San Francisco to celebrate
- Being on the set of a movie, seeing how a scene was filmed and watching my little boy in that scene- "Reid needed on the set!" (Reid should make his movie debut in 2009...probably straight to dvd, but still...really fun!)
- Spending time with the wonderful ladies at my church and learning more about them from retreats, reconnect, etc. I love learning about my Christian sisters!
- Leaving our wonderful life group to go be small group leaders in the youth group 8th grade (while challenging, I'm really starting to like it)
- Watching BU football do good with our new stud, Robert Griffin III
- Meeting 2 wonderful new friends in my neighbors Angie and Rachel who have sons Reid's exact age...what my afternoons would be like without those girls!
- My mom (Gigi) coming up often to help out with Reid when I was sick from pregnancy...such a blessing!
- Port Royal with the Ferguson crew
- The Lake Travis houseboat with the Finley crew
- Discovering we're having a healthy baby girl!
- Turning 30 AND just last week I was carded at CVS for buying Children's Motrin and Tylenol (the lady told me I looked "awfully young." Oh YEAH!)
- Reid saying "I love you."
- Caroline being born (What a wonderful day) and seeing how much she looked like her big bro
- Hanging out with Kyle, Reid and our new baby girl (My favorite thing!)

2009 Will be just as Devine...

My Resolution is to be more neighborly. Kyle and I have been blessed with amazing neighbors, BUT there are several I still don't know. My neighbor across the street is so, so generous. When we had a baby she brought me an outfit and burp cloth monogrammed. For Christmas she brought us homemade candy that she took to everyone around our houses. I really would like to be more like that AND maybe bake my neighbors something to get to know them. THIS IS A STRETCH for me, b/c I can't bake!

5 comments:

Jana said...

just a note to say that I am blessed by your friendship and by your family! looking forward to more time with the ferg's this new year!

Rosemond said...

As your former neighbor, I must argue and say that you are very neighborly! =) Love ya!

Rachel said...

I am honored to be on the list and feel equally blessed to have you as a friend. Here's to a wonderful 2009, which should definitely include some neighborly rounds of Rock Band or Guitar Hero!

kelly said...

what a blessed year for you guys!
i definitely know what you mean about the neighborly thing! your neighbors are so lucky to have such a sweet family close by - i'm sure they will love getting to know you :)
after meaning to do this all year (!), we finally took some cookies around to neighbors last week & everyone was so sweet & appreciative - i hate that it took me so long!!

Leslie said...

You have had a great year. NIce to hear something positive. I think I need to reflect on the past year as well. Hope 09 is just as wonderful for your family.