Much to my complete surprise, turning 30 yesterday has not brought about any huge changes. Despite the fact that I'm much more mature than I was only 48 hours ago, the rest of me is completely the same. (hehehe) I've decided to compile a list of 30 confessions about turning 30.
1. I still feel really young (when I say young, I mean like I'm 22 young--DENIAL)
2. I refuse to stop watching The Hills (I know, I know)
3. To back up number 2, I'll go ahead and admit that I'm also a big fan of Laguna Beach when it's on...if they made another season I'd be there with popcorn
4. I still love dorky pop music from the Britney/Justin genre and will blast it loud when it comes on. My iTunes list is kind of embarrassing.
5. Kyle has been calling me a tree-hugger since we began dating. I'm finally willing to admit that he's right. Hey, I'm from the Pineywoods!
6. I've come to terms with the fact that I might be addicted to Diet Coke. I hate to use the word "addicted" but if the shoe fits. To be safe I also included the word "might."
7. I long to enjoy cooking, but I just don't. On the contrary, I do like to clean (odd, I know). Dusting and vacuuming make me happy. A dirty house stresses me out. I would like to enjoy cooking/become a better cook in this decade of my life. However if this doesn't occur anytime soon, I figure 10 yrs. gives me lots of cushion for improvement.
8. Reid often points to magazines and says "Mommy" when looking at a woman on the page. He does the same to men in magazines, saying "Daddy." Recently Kyle was Lance Armstrong. I hope he never stops doing this because I can look plain awful and my sweet boy finds me on the pages on W. Sweet little boy! He hasn't called me Blake Lively this month yet, but I've got it out in case he decides to. ;)
9. The older I get the more I realize to cherish all the little moments in life like laughter, late nights with Caroline and sweet things Reid does or says. Cherishing the moments gives you such a better attitude like when you change a diaper 3 times in 5 minutes. Really, it does!
10. 30 is way too long of a list to write about myself, so I'll end on this note: I feel like the luckiest lady in the world with the blessings I have from God. I have a strong relationship with Jesus, an awesome husband who makes me laugh daily and 2 beautiful children to raise. My cup runneth over.
So as I leave behind my twenty-something status and embrace my new thirty-something status, I know that I'm in good company with many of my friends AND my list is going to be so much better when I turn 40...or Over the Hill (Aughhhhhh!)




12 comments:
Awww- Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! You are cherished, loved and celebrated by many!
Loved this post! I really want love cooking as well...but I just don't! I've tried to learn to love it- got the fancy pans and cook books, took a cooking class, watched the food chanel, etc., etc. but it never works...I still HATE it! I guess you just do or you don't. BUT...I do LOVE to clean!!!! Happy B-day!
Happy Birthday! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday!1
I love this!! Don't feel bad either, I am a fan of The Hills...its programmed on the DVR every Monday and yes I hope they come out with another season of Laguna too :) Justin gives me such a hard time about this! Oh well...hope you had a great day on your special! See ya soon maybe. Hugs, Amber
I always knew we were long-lost sisters. I could have written 1-4 myself and #6 goes without saying (while writing this I am cracking open another one).
Hey Jaime! I just found your blog from some other Baylor gals...so fun! Your kiddos are both ADORABLE!!! It's crazy b/c I just had my second little girl only a week after your sweet Caroline and my oldest is really close in age to Reid...small world. Isn't it so much fun!?! Anyway, you guys look great and so happy. Enjoy your b-day :o).
P.S. Do you ever talk to Tiffani W. anymore?
Great post! I feel like I was reading about myself in half of those!!! {The Hills, Diet Coke, feeling 22, etc!} I recently had a conversation with some girl friends about how I feel like we all look way too young to be mommies! ...dinial, I think!?!?!? :/
And, P.S....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
Happy Birthday! I loved your list and I loved Laguna Beach too! I was sad when it ended. I really wish I loved to clean. That is something to be proud of!
Ditto on The Hills! I have to secretly watch it while Jay's at work! Happy late birthday!!
She's now sleeping on a wedge for that same reason - seems to be helping.
I really lost touch with Tiff and then my parents left our hometown so I don't even hear how she's doing. Please tell her hi for me :o)
Happy Birthday! I hope your day was wonderful! Love, Naomi
Post a Comment