I've been noticing the last week a lot of traffic on my feedjit from Brazil. I had no clue where the flag was from OR where the location was until I googled the location that came up on my feedjit and learned it was indeed Brazil. Well "Brazil" as I'm going to call my visitor kept visiting...and comes to our site usually at least 3 or 4 times a day...that's that I see. I really don't monitor my blog all day long and truthfully I don't always look at my feedjit. I just noticed the different flag.
Here's what bothers me: Brazil has clicked on only a handful of pics that I've seen. Two different visits Brazil enlarged a pic of just Reid using shaving cream...the same pic, twice in one day. WEIRD. About an hour or so ago Brazil spent about 15 minutes at least on the site and clicked on another pic way back of JUST Reid. WEIRDING mama and Daddy out. We don't like this.
I'll be honest in that I'm not scared that through the blog world someone is going to hunt us down and harm us. Not that it couldn't happen, but the liklihood is slim. What I DON'T like and is concerning to me is that someone could use our pictures for inappropriate use. I don't like that at all. AT ALL.
I think I'm going to keep my blog private until I've had time to work on it and watermark my pics. I'm not a big fan of having a private blog b/c I've reconnected with SO MANY old friends through blogging. So, I think I will start watermarking pics, making them ridiculous to copy or to use in inappropriate ways. I mean, seriously, I'm not THe Pioneer Woman and she puts it all out there and is fine. ;-) Anywho, that's my plan...no clue when it will occur. Until then, PRIVATE blog.
You can email me at jaimeferg@gmail.com if you have any other questions and if I left someone off you know of just let me know...
:) Whew, that was a novel...
Here's the DEALIO
Friday, August 7, 2009
With love, Jaime at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
totally agree!! i didn't worry about someone stealing baby p or anything, but the thought of a pervert using my baby's pictures for entertainment...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!! and like you, i hated to do it because i love that random old friends have found me and now tell me they read my blog, but what can you do?!
wow that was fast!!!!! probably a smart decision!!! thanks for including me in the invite!!! i'd be so sad if i couldn't read your blog and look at all your wonderful pictures!!!
You sound like a sensible lady! I've noticed some odd activity on my quilting blog from Asia, but I couldn't figure out what in the world they could be looking at that would intrigue them???
It is a smart decision...I think i might do the same! I don't track mine but it just makes me a little nervous. :) and, this is Kristin Shep... in case it pops up as "the floyd harvey family"... I had set up a google account for my family a long time ago for a reunion so that is what I use when doing blogger stuff since my
great decision, jaim!
good call jaime... better to be safe than sorry! being a protective mommy is a good, good thing!
Post a Comment