Kreative Award

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Leslie, one of my fabulous first friends at Baylor, gave me a "Kreative Blog Award." Thank you for my sweet blog award! I will always hold a special place in my heart for all my friends that I hung out with, starting freshman year at Baylor. I LOVED my hall in Collins Dormitory! So many great memories and stories that we can someday reminisce over!

The Rule - List 7 things I love and 7 friends to give the award to. Okay, so I've gotten blog tagged on things before and never participated, so I'm doing it now...woohoo to participation. AND, I'm not going to say mushy things on this...I'm going to list just 7 random things I love. We all know I adore and love my family, right?!

1. I LOVE a night out on the town with my hubby, and I'm not talking just dinner and a movie, I'm talking dinner and live music. One of the amazing things about living in Austin is this great music scene. Kyle and I love to take advantage as often as we possibly can. Makes for such a fun evening.


2. I LOVE the fall. Football season, the smell of fall scents (pumpkin, cinnamon, etc.) and the weather turning from warm to chilly makes me so happy. Plus, if I'm lucky, I'll get to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate at a game!

3. I LOVE people that are down to earth. I think this is pretty self-explanatory and if you know the people that I'm close to you will find that they all fit this bill. I just can't keep up with the Jones' and honestly, I just don't care to.

4. I LOVE flip flops and high heels. I could wear flip flops daily even in the winter and I think high heels are so much fun, especially paired with jeans.

5. I LOVE a good sale on fashion. I like clothes. I don't like spending a lot of $ on clothes (except jeans from time to time) b/c I just don't see the point when it will probably be out of style in a year. I might not be some runway fashionista, but that's not to say that I don't love fun fashions. I love a good deal, but what I love even more is finding a really nice clothing item for a really good deal. Makes me giddy! All that to say, I also LOVE Target's clothes and have no qualms admitting that. I think I'm an equal opportunity shopper.

6. I LOVE soy lattes from Starbucks, but I don't LOVE the price of them. Boo Starbucks on your too expensive drinks. Yay Starbucks on the incredible soy milk paired with sugar free vanilla. I sound like Sally from "When Harry Met Sally" when I order. "I'd like a grande, decaf, sugar-free vanilla soy latte, please." Ugh.

7. I LOVE to decorate. Again, I'm not an interior designer but decorating is sooo much fun and so subjective...everyone has their own taste in their own home!

Now for my 7 friends that I'd love to nominate:

1. Meggan, one of my favorite friends from Baylor...although she was two years older, we hit it off immediately and had so many wonderful times at school together. I can still talk to you anytime and feel like no time has passed.

2. Jan, Your blog is fascinating like you b/c it's unique and artsy. Kyle and I are depressed you guys moved but know we'll still see you a ton at BU sporting events.

3. Jenny Lynny, my roomie from college and one of my best friends. Jennifer is one of the most creative people I've ever met and can do anything...I think she's redone her entire house on her own.

4. Mandi, my other incredible roomie from college who is one of my besties. Mandi's presence in a room ensures a good time full of laughs.

5. Shae, one of my friend's from my hometown that I have loved reconnecting with through the world of blogs. If you don't have the opportunity to read her blog ask for an invite b/c she quite possibly takes the most gorgeous pics ever. She has a precious subject, but that mama has some talent!

6. Katie, my friend I've known since we were 5 who always makes me laughs. One of the things I love about where my mom moved to is that I get to see Katie when I go visit b/c she lives there too!

7. Rachel, my neighbor and ultimate photo teacher extraordinaire. Another example of gorgeous pictures with a great subject is her blog. Rachel is a great friend!

4 comments:

The Munsterman Family said...

That's the exact drink I order at Starbucks! I always feel bad ordering it too :) Love the pics of Reid at the ranch-such a cutie!

Jaime said...

Sara, I'm glad i'm not the only one ordering that concoction of drink...yay! I discovered it one day and can't stop...soooo yummy!

Jaime said...

Sara, I'm glad i'm not the only one ordering that concoction of drink...yay! I discovered it one day and can't stop...soooo yummy!

Leslie said...

Love your list!!!!! I wish we lived closer and could share a date night together. My husband not a huge fan of live music, boo-hoo! Love fall, love flip-flops, can't keep up with the jones' for the life of me, and hate decorating! We r building a house - I am going to be bugging you!